Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tuesday Tutorial: Bazzill Perfectly Pleated Strip Flower

This month's Embellishment Add-On included a 12" pleated newsprint paper strip by Bazzill. I just love it! So much, in fact, that I decided to create a card with it as the main embellishment.


Today, I thought I'd share with you how to create a flower out of your Bazzill Perfectly Pleated 12" Strip.  It is super easy, and really makes for a nice embellishment.


First, you will need to adhere the two ends of your strip together to create a circular band.  Like this.


Next, punch out a circle. Mine is 1 7/8" in diameter.  Cover the circle with lots of adhesive.  Fast drying liquid adhesive or a hot glue gun works best.  Then flatten the center of your band down onto your circle and place your punch on top of it until it dries and looks like this.


Add it to your card and top with a large Jillibean Soup chipboard acrylic button tied with a strip of ribbon.  This is also a great place for a couple of the stick pins from this month's kit.


I hope you enjoyed this tutorial!  Leave me a comment with a link to your project if you give it a try.  I'd love to see!

2 comments: