Last month, we started a new feature here on the blog, our Page Starter challenge. And guess what? It's time to do it again!
Remember, each month I'll post the directions to get you started on a scrapbook layout. I'll show you an example and then leave you to finish it up with whatever photos, papers, and embellishments work for you. That's it! Here's this month's starter.
Here's what you'll need to get started. First, you need a background piece. I chose to use a patterned piece rather than cardstock because the June kit is chock full of papers that work for the background. You'll also need four more patterned papers cut to the following dimensions:
1. 5.5" circle
2. 3.5" x 10" strip
3. 1.5" x 10.5" scalloped strip
4. 1" x 11" notched strip
Now you're ready to start adhering the paper to the page. Here are the directions for placing the patterned paper.
- Adhere the 3.5" x 10" strip 6" from the top and flush with the right edge of the page.
- Adhere the scalloped strip right beneath the first strip flush with the right edge of the page.
- Adhere the circle 2" from the left edge and 2.75" from the top edge of the page.
- Adhere the 1" strip flush with the right edge and over the seam of the previous two paper strips.
Finally, you will add your photos and embellishments. This part is completely up to you. There is no set limit to the number of photos or no set placement for them. Also, you can use whatever embellishments you like, wherever you want to place them on the layout.
Here's one way that you could finish the June Page Starter. For this layout, I used Bazzill Vintage Marketplace papers and two 3" by 5" vertical photos.
It's All About the Bunnies
I'll be back in a week or so to show you another finished layout. In the meantime, I'd love to see what you do with the June Page Starter. Link up your completed layout to the bottom of this post by Saturday, June 30th for your chance at a $10 Gift Certificate to the TSR Store.